Wednesday, November 21, 2007

a few issues....

As I was at the gym last night, working my little buns off, a few issues came to my mind that I think need to be seriously discussed. If possible I would like a memo to go out to all the gym goers at the Bountiful Gold's Gym, so they will be able to correct their annoying behavior.

1. Is it really necessary for men, or women for that matter, to put on cologne, perfume OR scented lotion BEFORE a workout? I think not. I find it offensive and extremely annoying when I am running and the smell of patuolie (I can't spell that right), peppermint and just plane stank hit me in the face because mister slick decided to chose to use a treadmill TWO down from me. OK, if I can smell you from 2 treadmills away, there is a problem! Now don't get me wrong, I understand the smell of BO at the gym. I get it, I often times get a wiff of myself and hope those next to me can't smell the wretced smells coming from me, but when it's mixed with other VERY strong scents, I want to vomit. OR at least move away, which I have done in the past.

2. I understand that there is a limited amount of space to stretch at my gym, but when there isn't anyone but me there, there is NO need to sit right next to me and proceed to place your foot in my FACE while stretching. Literally this stupid chick had her foot 2 inches from my face. I was there first, there was plenty of room for her to sit an appropriate distance away from me. And WHY put your foot in my face?! Would you like me to put my foot somewhere uncomfortable for you?! Cause I would be happy too.

3. This also has to do with the aforementioned stupid chick and a few others I noticed last night... Why wear fashion tennis shoes to work out? Don't you know how you can hurt yourself without appropriate foot wear? Dummy!

4. Why come to the gym if you aren't going to actually work out? Why come and casually walk on the treadmill while wearing moccasins? Or sipping a smoothie? Huh?

I don't understand the people I saw last night and I hope I don't have to see them again.

4 comments:

Randi said...

AMEN!
Especially the not working out at the gym. It is not a social situation either. You're not there to pick up men or women. Go to a bar. (my SIL will change for the gym, then do her hair, all teased and perfect and hairsprayed. She looks nicer than I do when I go OUT, just for sweating. Boo!)
sorry for that rant. it just escaped.

Tara Shirley said...

Oh DITO Randi!! I forgot the girls that get dressed up to go workout. That KILLS me!!! And what about the chicks that wear push up bras and show their tatas while working out?! UGH!

Anonymous said...

this is why i prefer to workout at home. that and the fact that having a treadmill in my house is more motivating than getting in my car and driving to the gym.

P.O.M. said...

Love it. People at they gym are perfect bloggin' material because they are all lame. Last night a guy actually took his shirt off and walked around without it for a while before he left. Now why on earth would anyone do that?

And patuolie (can't spell either) smell reminds me of dirt heads smoking pot in college.