Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I'm baaaaack!

That's right ladies, I'm back from my lovely vacation to my parent's house in Southern California. While I was there, the same question kept coming back to me... "Why do I live in Utah?" Especially when the weather is nearly perfect in CA. We went to the beach on Christmas (we always do, but this year we didn't have to bundle up! It was perfect) We sat in the sun, went to Santa Barbara, slept, ahhhh, we had such a nice break!

Now, you might be wondering how my eating and working out went? Well, why would you ask such a stupid question?!! It was HORRIBLE! I ate whatever I wanted and didn't think about it. I went for a few walks, but when I really tried to go get some actually physical activity, my parent's pulled the old "You're only going to be here a few more days, don't you want to go to eat at that really good place instead?" Yeah, I fell for it. It's ok, I'm back. I'm back in my old routine and will be sticking to it. I WILL lose those last 20 pounds, even if it's 25 pounds now. (I'm too scared to check, I'm going to give it a week or 2 before I weigh).

As I am wasting time reading blogs, instead of working, I am noticing that many people are posting their goals for the year. I don't like making new goals for the year. I never have. I thinks it's lame (not that the goals people are making are lame, I just don't like doing it myself). So I'm not going to do that. But I do have a goal, can you guess what it is? Yup, lose the weight. I've watched those Jenny Craig commercials with Valerie Burtineli saying she isn't going to resolve to lose weight this year. Wouldn't that be nice. Maybe next year... hopefully!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nearly everyone overindulged over the holidays. But I'm glad you're back on track now!

P.O.M. said...

Glad you're back. I have not stepped on a scale since before Christmas. But I just ordered a fancy new one - so there will be no excuses. Gotta face the music.

P.O.M. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
katieo said...

Tara. I'm SO with ya. On the goals, (or lack thereof) on the eating. Glad you're back (and I KNOW, Utah weather is the *best* to come back to eh?)