Monday, January 14, 2008

Eh, forget NyQuil, give me some codeine

NyQuil really doesn't cut it when you have a hacking cough. But cough syrup with codeine, now that's some pretty good stuff. Ok, not really. I still woke up about every 4 hours trying to cough up my lungs, but it did better than NyQuil. Last night was the first night in a week that I have slept straight through. I woke up earlier than normal because of the cough, but it wasn't 1.30, or 2.30 or, 3.30 or 4.30, like the past few nights, so I was pretty happy. Maybe tonight I can make it without taking any medicine at all. Maybe...

Today was supposed to be my big back to the grind day. And by grind, I mean gym. But with the stress of starting a new job, I decided I didn't feel like going. So I came home so I could blog. I'm not as freely able to mess around at my new place. So basically I made an excuse to not go. But this is the last one. I just have to make it through this week. I just have to go everyday from here until Saturday and I will be back in the groove. It's always the starting back up that's the hardest. So wish me luck.

3 comments:

katieo said...

Hey Tara. Take care of yourself! Don't jump in sooner than your body is ready. it'll just put you back!

(If you lived down here, I'd bring you some chicken soup!)

Dawn Mabry said...

Good luck Tara!! You can do it. Starting back after being off from not feeling well is tough. It is so hard to get back in the swing of it. YOU CAN DO IT THOUGH!! Get to the gym!!

katieo said...

Are you still sick?