Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Here we go!

I was getting a little embarrassed at the idea of having my friends and family read all about my weight loss efforts on my blog with my husband, so I decided to have a blog specifically for my weight loss efforts. Hopefully this will spare those that aren't interested in it from having to read all about it on BTS.

So here we are, now what...

I guess I can start with last night. I got home from work and wanted nothing more than to sit and eat M&M's and watch some good tv. But alas, I had to go to the gym. I fought with myself and called a few people for support, for a good 2 hours. Then I finally dragged myself to the gym. It was cardio night, I can't run because of my IT band injury, so I have to do the elliptical. I hate the elliptical. But I did it. Of course there was a running class going on at exactly the same time, so I tuned into it and felt sorry for myself for not being able to run. My knee started hurting about 20 minutes in, but I pushed through at got to 45 min. before I HAD to stop. Well, I HAD to stop because I wanted to leave so I could go to the store, buy some M&M's and stuff to make 7 layer dip and go home and watch the Biggest Loser (kind of ironic that I wanted to eat and watch that, but whatever). So when I got to the store, I started feeling guilty. I had just burned 600 calories, and I was going to give that all up for a moment of satisfaction. I don't think so! Instead I bought some ground turkey and made turkey burgers. I stayed strong. I did eat 2 breadsticks, that Brett brought home from work, but other than that, I stayed fairly strong. I'm totally annoyed that I can't eat chocolate right now, but I'd rather be fit... I guess. HA!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Hey! Welcome to weight loss blogging!
I say you are pretty unique honey, isn't it a rule for women that we only like the elliptical and don't push it hard enough to sweat so we can always read our People magazine? Just kidding. You can push it on the elliptical just as hard as the treadmill! While I'm very sorry you can't run, doesn't mean you can't work it! (not saying you never, but I see so many women like the above!)
Oh yeah, and YAY YOU! Nice work on the groceries! Who said guilt was a needless emotion!