Monday, February 18, 2008

stuffed sausage anyone?

That's what I feel like today, and most days recently. I feel like a stuffed sausage. My newest clothes are starting to feel a tad snug and it's pissing me off actually. Yesterday I realized that the month we had planned on starting... something... is quickly approaching, so it's down to business!! I have GOT to lose at least 15 pounds, 20 would be better, in the next few months. I'm giving it all I've got for the next 2 months, that's not a lot of time, I can totally stay strong for that long, and then I can slow down a little, but of course keep working at it. Dawn gave some good advice today, "ONE pound at a time and ONE meal at a time," which duh, I know. But it really is important to remember that and it really helps!! Especially when you look at the total that you need to lose, it can sometimes feel unreachable. But I can totally lose one pound and eat one healthy meal at a time. Thanks Dawn!

And did ya notice? I lost .5 this week!! HA! It's something, not much, but it gives me hope.

3 comments:

Delal said...

Tara, have you been checked for insulin resistance? It is a pre-curser to diabetes...I have it apparently. They put me on metformin, and it completely changed how my body processed food. My sugar cravings went to practically zero, and then taking extra vitamin c can help with the sweet cravings too. What was happening with my body was that whenever I ate something my body produced way to much insulin to process it. The excess insulin would put me into a hypoglyemic state, and I would have to eat something again. It was a never ending cycle. The medicine stopped it. And I am able to lose weight now, where it was impossible before. If anything, you might want to check out the book the Insulin-Resistance Diet...it could help.

Anna said...

I was just told that I don't eat enough protein and that is why I get so hungry. Duh. I should have figured that one out on my own. We'll see if it works.

katieo said...

Go tara!
Gald you're back :)